Effective Date: February 3, 2018
- Contact Information
- Information We Collect
- Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Sharing Your Information
- Opt-out Procedures
- Information Security
- Credit Card Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Transfer of Information to the United States
- Information About Children
- Links to Other Materials
ATTN: Customer Service
3612 Commerce Suite 102
Dallas, Texas 75226
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website (TheConservativeMillennialBlog.com or AllieStuckey.com) and related TCM web pages (collectively, the “Site”).
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- Any third party (including, if applicable, our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Information We Collect
As you use the Site, TCM may ask you for certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. Such information is provided voluntarily by you. In general, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or providing any of the above personal information about yourself; however, you must provide personal information in order to subscribe to TCM email alerts or register with the Site.
When you subscribe to TCM’s paid content and set up an account, we also may ask you for additional information to complete the transaction and register you for the paid content, including, without limitation, your name, birthdate, mailing and billing address, zip code, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
Additionally, TCM and our advertising partners may use automatic data collection technologies such as cookies to collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit the Site, including, but not limited to, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, your IP address, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Site, and aggregate data about the pages visited. TCM and our advertising partners may use this information and connect this information with your personal information such as your name or email address to identify you and provide you with content that may be relevant to you.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technologies
TCM may collect user personally identifiable information over time and across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather information passively on the Site for behavioral advertising purposes.
We utilize third-party advertising companies to place advertisements on our website. These companies may implement cookies and other online tracking technologies to determine information about your visits to this website to determine what advertisements to show you.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Additionally, some Internet browsers have a ‘do not track’ feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We are currently not set up to respond to such signals.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your transactions or communications with us.
- To provide you with information that may be relevant to you from us or our advertising partners.
- To allow our advertising partners to provide you with information that may be relevant to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To present the Site and its contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Site.
- For internal business operations, including the improvement of our products and services, data analytics and other normal business activities.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about products and services from TCM and from our business partners that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please use the opt-out procedures described in the Opt-Out Procedures section.
Sharing Your Information
TCM does not sell, trade, or disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties except as set forth herein.
With your consent. We may disclose aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about the Site users without restriction.
If you do not wish to have your contact information shared by TCM to third parties to promote their products or services, you can opt out by contacting us here.
If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future promotional email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to transactional emails regarding your transactions or updates to our policies.
TCM has implemented certain procedural, technical and physical security measures to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of sensitive information that you provide. We require third parties with whom we share personally identifiable information to do the same. Nevertheless, such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Site, and TCM is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures. By using the Site, you understand that there is a risk that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Credit Card Information
TCM does not store your credit card information when you subscribe to our services. TCM partners with third party providers to process credit card transactions. TCM uses Recurly to process credit card transactions. Information about PayPal’s data security practices can be found at https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Subscriptions-FAQ2391/1.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
TCM email subscribers may review or modify their contact information on file by accessing their account online. Subscribers of paid content may also review or modify their contact information on file by accessing their account online. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Information About Children
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 18 years. We will not request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 18. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 18 and has registered or otherwise provided personally identifiable information, we will cancel the corresponding registration and remove his or her personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Materials
October 2017 Revised provisions related to collection and use of information; information security. Made additional miscellaneous modifications.